Join Our Team
Financial Analyst – Business Development
Location: Denver, CO
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Salary Range: $80,000-140,000
Formed in 2020, Humble is focused on solutions to transform energy markets by delivering sustainable and scalable low-carbon solutions to accelerate the net-zero future. Leveraging decades of midstream energy experience, the Humble team is positioned to lead in the development and operation of clean hydrogen, clean ammonia, and carbon capture, utilization, and sequestration (CCUS) projects. Through thoughtful planning and execution, Humble is known for its performance, flexibility, transparency and risk mitigation. For additional information see our website at www.humblemidstream.com.
This individual will be instrumental and responsible for the financial and technical evaluation associated with the development of clean energy business opportunities. He/she will be supporting our ongoing commercial efforts to grow Humble through greenfield development and acquisition.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Financial Analyst will assist in identifying and pursuing new revenue opportunities. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyze technical and financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of financial models to evaluate project economics, carry out scenario and sensitivity analysis, and run economic evaluations to compare options
- Monitor and quantify project performance and carry out “look-back” analyses
- Provide due diligence assistance and financial modeling for infrastructure acquisitions and greenfield projects
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Prepare presentations for the board of directors and potential clients
- Cultivate and maintain excellent business relationships with potential hydrogen, ammonia and CCUS customer representatives to assure market awareness and develop marketing opportunities
- Assist in the development of contracts, operating agreements and other legal documents
- Research and stay current on clean energy, green and renewable industry, political and regulatory developments
- Coordinate with other departments and service groups to develop project proposals
- Coordinate with engineering to develop, populate and issue project status reports and commercial reports
Not at this time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics or related fields
- Master’s degree in Finance, MBA, and/or CPA preferred but not required
- 3+ years of professional experience in financial analysis, economic modeling, greenfield development, and/or acquisitions and divestitures
- Strategic thinker with knowledge of emerging energy markets and and/or midstream infrastructure for potential use in emerging energy logistics
- Familiarity of US pipeline systems and storage with respect to implementation and development of opportunities
- Good understanding of oil and gas pricing, methodology, transportation and logistics
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to process information from a variety of sources, understand the key insights and develop well thought out communications
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, strong record of successfully taking initiative, and capable of collaborating effectively and cohesively within a team
- Strong sense of urgency and proven capability to work within short deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively manage competing demands while still delivering excellent customer service
- Solid organizational skills including acute attention to detail
- An effective communicator with strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and PowerPoint, and experience with relational databases such as MS Access, QuickBase, etc.
Requires sitting and walking throughout most of the day.
Primarily in an office environment, with opportunities for occasional work at home. Travel will be needed occasionally, but is not expected to average more than 2-3 days per month.