Join Our Team
Location: Houston, TX
Department: Engineering and Construction
Reports To: Vice President, Engineering and Construction
Salary Range: $150,000-225,000
Formed in 2020, Humble is focused on solutions to transform energy markets by delivering sustainable and scalable low-carbon solutions to accelerate the net-zero future. Leveraging decades of midstream energy experience, the Humble team is positioned to lead in the development and operation of clean hydrogen, clean ammonia, and carbon capture, utilization, and sequestration (CCUS) projects. Through thoughtful planning and execution, Humble is known for its performance, flexibility, transparency and risk mitigation. For additional information see our website atwww.humblemidstream.com.
On May 6, 2022, Humble and Enbridge USA Inc. announced the joint development of a world class hydrogen and ammonia production facility at the Enbridge Ingleside Energy Center including CCUS, capable of producing very low carbon products for the Gulf Coast and export.
This individual will be instrumental in the development of an engineering team capable of providing support to a growing private equity backed startup midstream company operating in the emerging energy space of hydrogen, ammonia and carbon capture. This position is integral to the support of a company deploying multi-billion dollars of capital into one of the earliest moving and most efficient production facilities for hydrogen and ammonia on the Texas Gulf Coast.
Reporting to the Vice President, Engineering and Construction, the Engineering Manager has responsibility for all Engineering functions on the project, including process, mechanical, piping, civil, structural, electrical, and instrumentation
- Function as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Engineering.
- Establish Engineering strategy.
- Establish Engineering plans and procedures, as required.
- Develop or manage Contractor(s) to develop the following FEL-2 deliverables:
- Engineering execution plan, design review plan
- Basic engineering design data, process design basis, utilities design basis, engineering design bases
- Process flow diagrams, heat & material balance, utility flow diagrams, utility summary
- Mechanical equipment list, electrical equipment list, plot plan,
- List of specifications, standards and standard details
- Develop or manage Contractor(s) to develop the following FEL-3 deliverables:
- Engineering execution plan, design review plan, construction support plan
- Mechanical equipment, electrical equipment and instrument data sheets
- Mechanical equipment, electrical equipment and instrument RFQs
- 3D model
- Bulk quantities
- Ensure proper communication and coordination among Engineering disciplines and the Construction organization
- Act as the interface between the engineering offices and with other third-party engineering organizations
- Ensure implementation of technical design requirements to meet health, safety, and environmental (HSE) regulatory requirements
- Ensure completion of required reviews
- Ensure compliance with PE stamping requirements
- Ensure that all deliverables are completed and issued in accordance with the Licensor and EPC contracts
- Ensure implementation of only approved changes
- Review cost estimates, both capital and engineering
Manage direct-hire and contractor Engineering personnel, as required.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or related field; Mechanical, Chemical, Civil or Electrical preferred
- A minimum of 10 years related experience is required; employees typically have 15 or more years of experience. Oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) license preferred
- Working knowledge of applicable industry standards (ASME, ANSI, API, NACE, NFPA, CFR, etc.)
- Must possess basic understanding of hydrogen, ammonia and gas processing and pipeline projects
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency level in Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office Suite general products
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including but not limited to the ability to present ideas, proposals and results to business segment leaders and to internal and external customers
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work, including tracking and managing large projects, and see projects to completion while maintaining strict confidentiality (as necessary)
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks successfully and simultaneously, and work with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to work with a team, take directions from supervisor(s), high degree of attention to details, follow work rules, prioritize work schedule and adhere to established work schedules
- Ability to identify and establish expectations in an employee/employer relationship (subordinate/manager)
- Solid communication, motivation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage projects(s) that will include working with individuals with varying disciplines, backgrounds and experience levels
- Requires sitting and walking throughout most of the day.
- Requires sitting and walking throughout most of the day
- Primarily in an office environment, on project site or other vendor locations to be determined, with opportunities for occasional work at home
- Job will require travel 25-50% to Ingleside, Texas and other vendor locations as necessary
- Fulltime position with benefits